Girl Scouting was founded in 1912 in Savannah, Georgia by Juliette Gordon Low. Six years later, in 1918, the first Girl Scout troop in our council area was started in Laurel, Montana.
In 2008, three Girl Scout councils merged to create Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming.
Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming serves more than 8,500 girls in an area of 245,000 square miles. GSMW has had membership growth for five consecutive years.
Our headquarters is in Billings, Montana.
Our office hours are 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday, unless otherwise posted.
Office and Service Center (Store) Locations:
- 2303 Grand Ave, Billings, MT 59102
- 428 S. Durbin Street, Suite 102, Casper, WY 82601
- 4930 Ninth Ave South, Great Falls, MT 59405
- 141 Discovery Drive, Suite 209, Bozeman, MT 59718
- 724 Front Street, Suite 519, Evanston, WY 82930
- 804 E. 4th Street, Suite 2, Gillette, WY 82716
- 1203 US Hwy 2 West, Suite 28, Kalispell, MT 59901
- 1018 Burlington Ave, Suite 101, Missoula, MT 59801
Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming is a 501 (c) 3 and is governed by a board of directors made up of community leaders dedicated to helping girls reach their full potential.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place; more than 2,500 excellent volunteers make it possible.
Offices may be closed for all-staff training, inventory or holidays. The following holidays are typically observed by GSMW:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving (two days)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (two days)