Looking for a rewarding adventure this summer? Join the world’s premier leadership development organization for girls and take part in a time-honored tradition: Girl Scout Camp.
From campfires to hiking and sunsets and s’mores, assist girls as they navigate the joys of summer camp. Arguably the heart and soul of camp are the various staff who create an empowering and enthusiastic experience.
Camp staffers provide a unique blend of instruction, friendship, and leadership for girls who attend. Be prepared to teach exciting lessons, explain and demonstrate what it means to be resilient, and provide a professional and magical experience.
The qualities and the individuality of each girl will amaze you. Be prepared to change lives…including yours. Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming hires for summer camp positions that rotate to each of these camps:
- Camp Sacajawea near Casper, Wyoming
- Timbercrest Camp near Red Lodge, Montana
- Camp Castle Rock near Butte, Montana
As a Girl Scout staffer, take part in leadership training, development, and team building. Explore the great outdoors with a group of like-minded coworkers. Share your passion and unique talents with tomorrow’s outdoor enthusiasts.
- Work in a supportive environment
- Develop team skills and experience critical in most jobs today
- Fun, meaningful work outdoors
- Competitive camp salaries
- Room and board are provided in addition to salaries
- Training is provided prior to working with campers and participants
General Requirements for all Camp Employment opportunities:
- Believe in the purpose and value of Girl Scouting
- Able to model behavior consistent with Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law
- Take pleasure in camping and living in a rustic outdoor setting and a camp community environment
- Maintain positive parent, public, and community relations
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to stand for long periods, walk long distances, and bend and twist with or without carrying weight
- Possess a current driver’s license with clean driving record, willingness and aptitude to drive large passenger vans long distance on all types of roadways and conditions
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the program and/or site
- Possess integrity, sound judgment, enthusiasm, patience, and self-control, and endurance to maintain awareness of the members in the camp community
- Able to act wisely and assist campers and other staff in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, injury)
- Promotes Girl Scouting in the community
Interested? Hiring for the 2018 camp season is under way.
Your opportunity to play a vital role in creating an empowering and enthusiastic camp culture is here. Always challenging and rewarding, Girls Scouts of Montana and Wyoming has three resident camps sites planned for 2018 and we are ready to begin accepting applications. Staff have the opportunity to work at each of the locations throughout the summer season. Be prepared to truly believe in the individuality of each girl at camp while focusing on safety and creating a magical experience. Come be a part of the camp community which will change lives…including your own.
Applicants for Director positions must be available from
May 29th through August 13th. Counselor applicants must be available from May 31st through August 13th.
How to Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume, required to be uploaded at completion of the
GSMW Online Residential Camp Employment Application.