We are pleased to announce a change in requirements for the Girl Scout Silver Award and the Girl Scout Gold Award.
Girls may now do final projects that benefit the Girl Scout community. In order to make sure that this change doesn’t dilute the prestige, leadership efforts, or impact of each girl’s project, Silver and Gold Awards must still meet the requirements that are key to taking sustainable action:
• The project makes a lasting difference in the local community, region, or beyond.
• The project puts the Girl Scout Promise and Law into action.
• The project includes provisions to ensure sustainability.
• The project identifies national and/global links to the girl’s selected issue.
• And the project inspires others.
This change was effective as of October 1st, but it does not impact girls who have already begun or submitted a project plan, since girls choose an issue first, and then add in the other parameters that will make it sustainable. All other pre-requisites and requirements remain the same.
Please contact Customer Care with any questions.